HAWAII HORSE EXPO 2014 FEATURES DISTINGUISHED CLINICIANS
Equine Medicine Symposium New This Year
Hawaii Island Humane Society’s 7thAnnual Hawaii Horse Expo 2014 runs August 23 through 24 with a special Equine Medicine Symposium slated for August 22. In partnership with the Paniolo Preservation Society, Hawaii Horse Expo returns to the Paniolo Heritage Center at Pukalani Stables in Waimea. Proceeds from the annual event benefit the Humane Society’s Horse Rescue Fund, which helps abused and abandoned horses on the island.
Nancy Jones, Hawaii Horse Expo producer, takes pride in hosting nationally-renowned equine clinicians in Hawaii where they share their knowledge, horsemanship and skills to improve equine excellence during each Hawaii Horse Expo. “The 2014 Hawaii Horse Expo includes an impressive roundup of noted experts,” Jones said. “This will be our seventh year and each year keeps getting better with returning clinicians joining first-time Hawaii Horse Expo lecturers to present new workshops and demonstrations.”
Jones also emphasized that the beautiful setting in Waimea is just 30-minutes from luxury resorts along the Kohala Coast making a vacation timed with Hawaii Horse Expo ideal for visitors. Special rates for attendees are available at Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel. Rates and reservation details are available at HawaiiHorseExpo.com.
Clinicians scheduled to appear at the 2014 Hawaii Horse Expo include:
- Dr. Brady Bergin, respected Hawaii Island veterinarian now Associate Clinical Professor, University of Minnesota
- Pete Gorrell, author and award-winning Hawaiian and western saddle maker
- Scot Hansen, retired mounted police officer and horsemanship trainer
- Jim Helfter, founder of Advanced Biological Concepts, who provides livestock producers with nutritional technology
- Rick Lamb, popular host of RFD TV’s “The Horse Show,” returns as Hawaii Horse Expo moderator
- Kerry Kuhn, esteemed horseman and lecturer who connects riders and horses
- Dr. Robert Miller, veterinarian, renowned equine behaviorist, author and lecturer
- Curt Pate, author and international clinician who specializes in stockmanship, colt starting and horsemanship
- Tammy Pate, rancher and horsemanship lecturer on mental and physical balance
- Sandy Siegrist, presenter on natural horsemanship
Hawaii Horse Expo is multipurpose with a mission to educate and inspire, visit and share with others and with these experts. Two full days of simultaneous clinics and demonstrations also includes colorful pa’u riders and a traditional Hawaiian blessing of the horses.
In addition to interactive demonstrations throughout both days at Pukalani Stables, the Hawaii Horse Expo includes a marketplace with vendors offering state-of-the-art services, medical and nutritional information and programs, saddle making, and related equine services including clothing, art, a silent auction and delicious food. Anyone interested in becoming a vendor should contact event co-coordinator Connie Bender at [email protected] or 808-371-4803. Sponsor inquiries can be directed to Jones at 808-887-2301 or email [email protected].
A portion of each Hawaii Horse Expo ticket purchase is tax deductible. Tickets will be available online at HawaiiHorseExpo.com beginning in June. Hawaii Horse Expo is sponsored in part by Parker Ranch, Pony Express Mail Services, Alfalfa Hay & Cubes and Aloha Auto Group.